It’s that time of year. The days are getting longer, trees and flowers are in full bloom and it’s time to start seeing a chiropractor in Bend for allergy relief. While your first instinct may be to run to the store, grab a box of tissues and a generic allergy relief pill, seeing a chiropractor in Bend may be a better alternative to the usual treatments.
Can a Chiropractor in Bend Help with Allergies?
As the population of Bend grows, so does the number of residents and visitors suffering from nasal and seasonal allergies. The familiar feel of itchy, watery eyes and sneezing have come out in full force with the appearance of allergens like pollen, grass and Juniper.
What causes an allergic reaction? Usually, inflammation, sneezing and coughing are the body’s methods of expelling any dangerous substance you ingest. In an allergic response, your immune system activates against a substance that is usually considered harmless. Rather than the substance itself, an allergic reaction is caused by the body’s interpretation of it being potentially harmful.
If you’re suffering from nasal and seasonal allergies, there are steps your chiropractor in Bend can take to help open the pathways of communication between the brain and spine, restore alignment and decrease allergic and asthmatic symptoms. A chiropractor in Bend can help reduce allergy symptoms when treating a patient regularly for vertebral subluxations.
- Chiropractic adjustments can help with improvement in some allergy cases, but may not help with others
- There are many reasons for a patient’s hypersensitivity – vertebral subluxation is one of many potential causes
- Chiropractic adjustments help promote a stronger immune system – regulating the rush of histamine and amount of cortisol produced during high allergy season
- Chiropractic care helps realign the spine and allows the body to heal itself
- A healthy body can neutralize toxic substances in your system
A chiropractor in Bend, including Dr. Andrew and Dr. Ashley at Pangea Family Chiropractic, can help your body heal and function properly, which helps with allergy relief. Proper spinal alignment is paramount in a healthy nervous system. The central nervous system works with your environment, including the air you breath and allergens you ingest. Contact Pangea Chiropractic for more information about treatment for allergies from a chiropractor in Bend.