When coming into the world, a child goes through a great deal of trauma as the birthing process can put a large amount of stress on their head and neck. Often when a physician gets involved with forceps, long-term damage can occur to the child’s cervical area. Chiropractic care for newborns has many benefits that can be diagnosed and corrected by a chiropractor early on in life.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Newborns
The birthing process can have negative effects on the nervous system of developing infants. Chiropractic care for newborns can be a beneficial treatment to create an optimal environment for your baby to grow and develop in a healthy way.
- Ease colic symptoms
- Can clear up issues with your baby’s digestive system
- Sinuses, allergies, stuffiness and throat issues can be cleared up with the assistance of chiropractic care
- Less stress, which can lead to less crankiness
- Strengthen immune system health
- Promotes healthy brain and nerve development
- Better sleep and sleeping patterns
- Improve curvature of the spine
- Proper flexibility to the spinal joints, which enables healthy function
- Removing subluxations can help babies breastfeed without strain on the head and neck
Rest assured knowing that chiropractic care is safe, highly specific and gentle. Chiropractic care for newborns is no more dangerous than a regular check-up with a pediatrician. Waiting until the spine grows and tightens can be detrimental to the health and development of the child’s nervous system. In order to maintain proper flexibility and function, chiropractic care for newborns should be considered directly after birth.
Among the many benefits of chiropractic care for newborns comes less stress for parents. If your newborn is having problems sleeping through the night, chiropractic care can help better their and your sleeping patterns. By strengthening their immune system and clearing up issues with colic, sinuses, allergies and stuffiness, you can end up with a happier, healthier baby, which translates to a happier, healthier family.
Learn more about chiropractic care for newborns by contacting Pangea Family Chiropractic. Dr. Ashley specializes in safe, gentle chiropractic care for newborns in Bend, Oregon.